Friday, December 28, 2007

cake time!

Today, I decided to make a few cards to have on hand for those special occasions when I don't have time to make a card. Here are a few birthday cards I made using black and white polka dot cards that I bought from Michael's $1 bins.


I used Stickles and sprinkled glitter on the cakes.




justjohanna stamps:
cake time! sentiment
dot cake


I visited Kelly Paper today. I can spend hours in that store. They have so many different types of cardstock. I've been to 3 different Kelly Paper stores, and all the employees are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They also have sample cardstock that you can take for free. I grabbed a bunch of their speciality paper samples - shiny papers, shimmery papers, etc. Thanks for visiting! Stay warm.

12 comments:

Marlou said...

beautiful cards!!!! must go for a nosey in the link you gave for kelly paper :) happy new year to you

Debbie said...

I love black and white cards. Love the glitter on these. Kelly Paper. I live about 15 minutes from a Kelly Paper store and I've never been there. Sheesh! I think I will have to make a point of going now that you say they give away freebies! Gotta love that.

Erin K said...

These are wonderful cards!!

LostLuggage said...

These look great!

andrea said...

i just love black & white stuff, it can be anything and i like it, that and paper. one can never have enough paper. i think your my kinda girl!

Heather Grow said...

Great cards. I'm a big fan of Kelly paper too. They have a store in my town. I buy all my white cardstock there.

Emilia said...

Gorgeous cards!

All Pink girl said...

OOOh how gorgeous are these ,i just love black and white ,realy stykish ,Dawnxx

Rina said...

Oh--!!! I love these cards:)
Very stylish!!

and....I'm very interested in Kelly Paper!
Sounds GREAT!!

Jen Young (Pearl City, HI) said...

hey - these are super cool!!!

hugs,
Jen

My Paper World said...

Adorable! I love the polka dots!

kssdesigns said...

Oh how I miss Kelly Paper. I remember when you could get a sample of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock for a nickel...We used to frequent the one in Santa Clara before I moved. Love your cards and all the sparkles!!